Television Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

2919-f2PVrphK0u81ES256lw3oAZuF3x.jpg

Title: Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story

Genre: Drama, Crime

Creator: Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan

Cast: Evan Peters, Richard Jenkins, Molly Ringwald, Michael Learned, Niecy Nash, David Barrera, Brandon Black, Shaun Brown, Colby French, Mac Brandt, Grant Harvey, Matthew Alan, Scott Michael Morgan, Josh Braaten, Savannah Brown, Kieran Tamondong

First aired: 2022-09-21

Overview: Across more than a decade, 17 teen boys and young men were murdered by serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer. How did he evade arrest for so long?

PGen98

I, Am I?
Staff member
I haven't, but it seems interesting! I'm a bit of a fan of things like this, trying to get into the minds of monsters. How they came to do the horrible things they do...

Foxy

Staff member
I saw the first episode which begins the night one of his victims escapes. The victim returns with the police who wind up arresting Dahmer. The rest of the episodes, I believe, take us back to the beginning and progresses through his criminal career. What I saw was truly chilling.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
I saw the first episode which begins the night one of his victims escapes. The victim returns with the police who wind up arresting Dahmer. The rest of the episodes, I believe, take us back to the beginning and progresses through his criminal career. What I saw was truly chilling.
Have you watched any more @Foxy? :)

Foxy

Staff member
Yes @Lee, I finished the series. It suggests reasons he was as twisted as he was, but it leaves you wondering.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Yes @Lee, I finished the series. It suggests reasons he was as twisted as he was, but it leaves you wondering.
I got to the end too, really enjoyed it. It gave some insight in to the life of Dahmer. How much of it was fiction created by Netflix though?

Foxy

Staff member
I can't believe his delusional father actually wrote a book and then got upset the money from the sales had to go to the families of Jeffrey's victims.

Foxy

Staff member
Who knows @Lee how much was fact and what was fiction. I suppose they could have pieced together a pretty credible story based on witnesses and his recorded testimony. He did seem to cooperate with the police and interviewers as did his Father.

I noticed Netflix segwayed into the John Wayne Gacy story and was headed their next.