General The biggest thread in the world

Ash

And the worst thing about it is that I doubt the prices will go down. All these price rises seem to get advertised as "temporary" but I'm sure the companies will keep them at the current levels to ensure their profit is high.

willowtigger

And the worst thing about it is that I doubt the prices will go down. All these price rises seem to get advertised as "temporary" but I'm sure the companies will keep them at the current levels to ensure their profit is high.
yep i think so as well, they should not be allowed to have it permenent though, they should be forced to lower their prices after however long is decided i think

Ash

100%.

Evening everyone. Bank holiday weekend which is always good. Looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying the weather

Heatman

I don't feel so good at all. I think that I have food poisoning because I have been stooling for 30 minutes now. If it keeps up, I'm calling my doctor.

Dave

Well, I've just about gotten over Covid (horrible damn thing it is). Fed up with hearing about the cost of living, we don't need to be reminded how crap it is, we're living it - besides, the only thing that comes down these days is rain. Looking to get a new carpet for my sitting room, the guy is coming this Wednesday with samples, to measure up and give me a price.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lee

Dave

Went great, new carpet is getting laid on 8th June, reasonable price too for a good quality carpet. £479 for the carpet and new underlay and £110 for the fitting (that includes a charge for moving furniture as I can't lol). So, yeah, all good thanks.

Lee

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent! Did you use a local company? We are looking for some new carpets ourself! :)

Dave

Yeah, I always try to use local companies whenever I can. These guys are top notch, great quality carpets, excellent service and not afraid to move furniture - a lot of the bigger companies insist on the room being cleared; great if you have somewhere to put it all and are able to do that physically. So, I'm well chuffed with things so far - just dreading the day it happens as I am adversely upset by upheaval, but needs must lol.