General Why do you use social media?

nomad

I started using Facebook to connect with friends and family in other countries and cities. However, later I started using Facebook for professional connections. More than 60 percent of people on my Facebook friend list are actually my professional connections. I am active on half a dozen social sites, and I use these sites for marketing.

Henrywrites

I make use of my Twitter account to sell my chickens. I own a chicken farm and using Twitter to market my products has helped me sell a lot. Most times, I forget to chat with friends because I am more interested in making more sales.

PGen98

I, Am I?
Staff member
I don't use social media at all, but I understand why some people do, it's communication with friends and family all over the place. Personally I'm opposed to the centralized internet approach that social media employs, de-centralization is the only way forward. So no social media for me, forums are it :)

Ash

Keep up with the world, friends, and family. Social media is just a great way of keeping up with a little bit of everything really. Plus, certain sites like Reddit can keep me entertained for hours

Dave

I just use Twitter to push my Music and Movie site (that's new and upcoming BTW) it serves no other real purpose and I don't have the time to keep liking other people's banal postings.